Dragon’s Head Cider is a family owned farm and cidery on Vashon Island. We are currently seeking one or multiple team member(s) to manage our booths at a growing number of local farmer’s markets as well as assist with our tasting room operations. Please note, you may apply for either of these positions individually, or if interested and looking for more hours, apply for both positions.
Ideal candidate is a self-motivated, highly organized individual who is also passionate about the local food and beverage movement. Candidate must work well under pressure and provide great customer service even when the tasting room or farmer’s market is busy and full of customers.
Farm Market Sales Associate Responsibilities
- Manage the operations of the farmer’s market booths, including pick up of supplies, set up and take down of the booth
- Educate customers about our ciders, and offer tastings of our ciders to customers, once we are able to offer samples again
- Conduct sales of cider
- Manage inventory of the products and light bookkeeping associated with a cash box and credit card processing
Tasting Room Sales Associate Responsibilities
- Offer tastings of our ciders for visitors on weekends
- Answer questions about our cider making process and our orchard
- Conduct sales of cider and other retail inventory
- Manage inventory of the products and associated record keeping
- Light bookkeeping associated with a cash box and credit card processing
- Must have a Class 12 server permit
- For the farmer’s market position, candidate must have a method for transporting market supplies
- Must be able to lift cases of cider, ⅙ barrel kegs, and other farmer’s market supplies
Compensation is based on an hourly rate, plus tips in the tasting room, and commission on sales for the farmer’s markets.
Please send resume, references and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.